Another nice day in Venice, so we headed to St. Mark's Square to see the Basilica. On the way, we walked through the outdoor markets, and that's always a good photo opportunity. When you look at the prices below, they're in euros, so if the price of something in the photo is 16 euros, that would be about 18 dollars.
The photo below is from Mascari market, an old family specialty market in Venice, offering all kinds of spices, Italian wines, olive oils and other specialty foods.
This is a couple of obituary postings on a wall outside in Venice. I thought it was interesting way to share the news of someone's passing.
Here, the yellow sign points the way to Rialto bridge, but I was looking at the dragon lantern hanger when I took the photo.
Several statues adorn these churches in Venice:
Now this is a coffee machine!in the photo, it is brewing 4 cups of espresso. It is much cheaper to stand at the counter to drink your espresso, rather than sit at a table. 1 euro for espresso at the counter (about $1.13), 4 euros to sit at a table for the same thing, and here in the U.S., about $2.80 for espresso at Starbucks.
At St. Mark's square, as we were looking out over the water, I saw this very sleek yacht. Than I zoomed in and noticed the hatch in the back, where a smaller boat is loading or unloading something. Swanky!
The highlight of today was lunch. We were looking for a place that wasn't touristy, so we started to wander on some back streets. In one restaurant, we saw a table of 5 gondoliers eating lunch, so we went there. Absolutely fabulous! Pasta with scallops, pasta with sea bass, grilled vegetables and more. I'm sorry, but we were so hungry that I forgot to take pictures.
Tomorrow we depart Venice and take the 5 hour train to Torino for a 3 day stay.
Hi international travelers,
ReplyDeleteI've started pinning my favorite postcards of your pictures on Pinterest. The Venice gondola photos look like water colors. They are so amazing. And then there's the pigment shop. Again - just beautiful. What a wonderful trip you have planned. Looking forward to pics each day. Tell Jenae nothing particularly new at work. More of the same.
Thanks so much for sharing!