Sunday, October 2, 2011

In flight

So this next entry was supposed to discuss how we packed, and I'll cover that with a few lines. Jenae and I are each traveling with only a 22" wheeled carryon and a small shoulder bag. We wanted to travel as light as possible, since we'll be dragging these things through some streets from train station to hotel, and also up 85 steps to the place we're staying in Manarola. I'm bringing 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of flip-flops for the hotel room, two pairs of pants, and 6 shirts, a jacket (from ScottEvest), and several changes of the basics. Jenae has even more than that, but I have more gadgets, including the iPad I'm writing on right now. I also have a 24" collapsible soft duffel bag in my suitcase, to accommodate whatever stuff we might buy, just in case. Get it - just in case? Just in suitcase.

That takes me to our current status as I write. We're on the flight from Dallas to Madrid, about 30 minutes into it, with 9 more hours to go. While at the Dallas airport, we realized that I forgot to bring my toothbrush, and I bought one at a newsstand there, only $2.48. I hope that's the only thing I forgot.

Madrid and Italy are 7 hours ahead of us, so it's 1:25 am at our destination, and now I'll close this entry and try to get some rest.



Location:Somewhere in the sky

2 comments:

  1. What? You forgot your toothbrush?

    Coming from your dental hygienist,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, that's crazy, right? I have a good excuse though - I was transferring things from one shaving kit to another, and I thought my new toothbrush case was already in the new kit, but alas, it was not!

    ReplyDelete